Thursday, July 9, 2009

1/2 way down the Yukon

The boys called this afternoon - they have made it to the village of Carmacks. Spent $33 for hamburgers and french fries...but when you have been living on dehydrated food for a week, I'm sure it was worth every penny!

Apparently the bugs are much worse this year than they were in '07 - which makes me just a bit less sad to miss the trip. For those of you who know me, for every 1 mosquito bite Lee gets, I would get 20!

There are apparently some fires burning in the area, but they say down on the river the scenery is still fantastic.

They are making good time and should hit Dawson by next Friday. We should see some great pics posted once they reach Dawson and an internet connection; can't wait for that.

Talking to Johann for a few minutes, I need a mommy hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment